Operation Care International exists to glorify God. In obedience to His will, we connect impoverished children and the homeless to Jesus Christ by providing for their physical needs through God’s provisions both at home and abroad.
In obedience to God, Operation Care International facilitates worldwide opportunities to experience the love of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal life.
Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
Member at Large
Member at Large
Member at Large
Dr. Bron Barkley
The Nathanial Foundation
President and CEO
IMO Injury Management Organization
Ms. Tanya Bramblett
Mr. Robert Castellano
Mr. Joshua Christian
Board Certified Faith Based Counselor
Bible Based Counseling
Mr. Scot Clevenger
Senior Vice President
Mr. John Davis
CPA, Senior Business Analyst
Ms. Dianne Etheredge
Etheredge Design Associates
Dr. Ron Harris
Media Alliances International
Dr. O.S. Hawkins
Guidestone Financial Resources
Mr. Al Hewitt
Residential Mortgage Loan Originator
Premier Nationwide Lending
Mr. W. Lamar Lovvorn
Retired CPA from Frito Lay
Trustee, Dolin Trusts (50 years)
Ms. Brenda Mahon
CLU, CHFC, Financial Adviser
The M Group, Trinity Portfolio Advisors
Ms. Christina McCracken-Nussle
Lawyer, Gordon and Rees, LLC
Mr. Wayne Musgrave
Retired, CEO, El Chico Corp.
Mr. Loren Norris
Founder, Tell It Like It Is
Conference Speaker, TV Host
World Class Story Teller
Mr. Roger M. Norman
Norman & Norman P.C. Attorneys
Mr. Douglas Raine
Founder, National Outreach Director
Full Gospel Businessmen’s Training
Mr. John “Smokey” Reaves
Smokey John’s Barbeque
Ms. Suellen Roberts
Christian Women in Media
Rev. Jack Shaw
Best Leadership Group, Inc.
Mr. James “Jim” Spalding
Real Estate Agent
Infinity Real Estate
Mr. Michael Tirone
Time to Revive
Dr. Thelma Wells
Founder of Women of God Ministries
Women of Faith Speaker
Chief Executive Officer
Susie Yanson Jennings is Founder and President of Operation Care International. A Registered Nurse by profession since 1978, Susie stepped out in faith and obedience to God’s calling leading to her resignation from a supervisory position at Baylor University Medical Center Dallas in January 2011. She then became a full time missionary to those in need. Susie continues to lead OCI with the help of a board of directors and a multitude of volunteers.
Susie joined First Baptist Church Dallas in 1982, within months of arriving in the United States from her home in the Philippines. She received invaluable Biblical knowledge under the teaching of the legendary Dr. W.A. Criswell, one of the godliest men she has known. She taught preschoolers for twenty (20) years at her church.
Desiring to serve God and her community after the tragic death of her husband, God called Susie to give blankets to the homeless in downtown Dallas in November 1993. The homeless called her, “The Blanket Lady.” That modest beginning was the genesis of Operation Care International (OCI), which has grown to encompass multiple ministries and major events each year in Dallas, Texas as well as missions to the homeless and destitute children in nations around the world.
Her guiding principle for the vision of OCI is in Romans 8:28, “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”
Chief Operating Officer
Ron is a member of the First Baptist Church of Dallas and has served a number of nonprofit organizations as a board member, including his role of board chairman of Operation Care. Ron and Susie developed the vision to hold the “largest Christmas party for Jesus” in December of each year; this vision became a reality in December 18, 2004. Ron has more than forty (40) years of executive leadership experience that enables him to bring strategic thinking, problem-solving and growth planning expertise to Operation Care.
His former corporate positions include: President of Lemonade Day/Prepared4Life, senior vice president of sales and store operations for Things Remembered, president of outlet stores for Levi’s Dockers, senior vice president of retail for Haggar Clothing, and senior vice president of store operations for Charming Charlie, and President and CEO of Christian Community Action in Lewisville, Texas.
Ron and his wife, Martha, have two wonderful and godly children, Chandler and Kathryn. Chandler graduated from Texas A & M cum laude with a degree in Marketing and is married to Nina Jenkins. Kathryn attends Texas A & M and is majoring in Accounting.
Ron’s favorite Bible verse 1 Samuel 16:7, “For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
In the News
WBAP Radio — December 16, 2016
Dallas Morning News — December 20, 2014
Allen American — April 4, 2013
Dallas Morning News — December 15, 2012
31 Days of Mountaintop Miracles
by Susie Jennings
Miracles by definition are extraordinary events manifesting a supernatural work of God—an unusual event or accomplishment, a wonder, a marvel. A never-ending supply of miracles have made up founder Susie Jennings’ life since November 1993, when she and a group of volunteers distributed 100 new blankets to the homeless living under the Canton Street bridge overpass in downtown Dallas.
What We Believe
A Statement of Faith
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible, and that it is the ONLY infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is ONLY one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ possessed all the attributes of Deity, and was equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit, but in accordance with the will of the Father, voluntarily took on human form, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, provided a vicarious and atoning death, was bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven to be seated at the right hand of the Father. (Acts 1:3)
- We believe that the ONLY means to be cleansed from sin is through saving faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ, which was shed for us when He died on the cross. Salvation is available to whosoever receives His grace by trusting in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit woos sinners, drawing them to Christ, and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation. Through the in-filling power of the Holy Spirit, the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will return to receive His church in the clouds and take them with Him to Heaven. Sometime thereafter He and His bride will return to this earth in power and glory to set up His kingdom. Thereafter everyone will experience a bodily resurrection at the final judgment. Those saved by Christ will enjoy eternal fellowship with God. Those who have died in their sins will experience eternal punishment.
- Because of OCI’s unwavering belief in the Holy Scriptures as God’s inerrant Word:
- OCI believes in the sanctity of marriage, and recognizes and accepts only the Biblical model for marriage that being one man and one woman coming together for life, in the inseparable union described in Gen. 2:24-25 and Ephesians 5:22-33.
- OCI also believes in the sanctity of life, recognizing that the Word of God teaches that human life begins at conception, and that man has no right to terminate such a life, whether the person in question is in the womb of his or her mother, or an old and enfeebled person who can no longer care for themselves. Any such taking of a human life should be considered murder and a violation of God’s law.