The Largest Birthday Party for Jesus!
Since 2001, Operation Care International has held the “Christmas Gift for the Homeless” celebration to share the Spirit of Christ each December, serving tens of thousands in need with more than 3,000 caring volunteers in partnership with over 300 ministries, churches, businesses and donors.
Services and Goods that are provided include:
- Evangelism, Prayer and giving out Bibles
- Socks, Shoes and Foot Washing
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Free Phone Calls
- Family Reunification
- Haircuts and Makeovers
- Toys and Books
- Coats, Blankets and Sleeping Bags.
How to Volunteer
We would love to have you join our volunteer team. Use the tool below to find the job that’s perfect for you, then click the blue button to sign up. You will be taken to a third-party website, signup.com, to complete your volunteer registration.
Important Information for Volunteers
We are thankful for the thousands of volunteers serving our honored guests at our Annual Christmas Gift event! Please follow the information below closely so you have the most accurate information since important changes have been made this year.
Due to the pandemic there is only one shift this year. Volunteers serving can check in from 6:30am to 7am and participate in the Volunteer Opening Ceremony which begins at 7:30am. The only other shift is our breakdown crew which is from 1pm- 5pm.
Guests will arrive @ 8am and the event will end at 1pm.
The Volunteer Opening Ceremony begins @ 7:30am. Please assemble at 7:25am at back of Hall E in the Family Dining Section for the start of the ceremony (see map).
All of our volunteers are required to the wear the red t-shirt which will be for sale for $10.00. All proceeds go to support the work of Operation Care.
PARKING: There are TWO PARKING OPTIONS for Volunteers
- PARKING LOT E and J (off Hotel Street and Memorial Drive) is fully paid by Operation Care and is free. It is available from Wednesday, Dec. 16th – Saturday, Dec. 19th for volunteers.
- Parking Lot E and J has a maximum capacity and will be available on a first come first serve basis on December 19th.
- Volunteers preparing at the Dallas Convention Center from Wednesday – Friday before the event should park in Lot E to receive a wristband and check-in at the entrance doors (emergency exits for Hall F) across from Lot E before entering the Convention Center.
- Parking garages are available during normal business hours daily for a $10 payment per entry fee.
- Parking garages will be opened at 5am only on Saturday, December 19th for a $10 per entry fee.
VOLUNTEER ENTRANCE & CHECK-IN (IMPORTANT CHANGES!)
- The NEW Volunteer Entrance doors are directly across from Parking Lot E off of Hotel Street and Memorial Drive (NOT on Ceremonial Drive as in past years) or from the Parking Garages as detailed below.
- From Parking Lot E, the entrance doors are the emergency exits for Hall F.
- Follow the signs “Volunteer Check In” to the Hall D Meeting Rooms where the Volunteer Check-in is located.
- Upon entering, you will go upstairs to the second level and follow the signs to the back side of the Hall D Meeting Rooms for Volunteer Check-in.
- From the parking garages, follow the signs “Volunteer Check In” and take the escalator/ elevator up from the garages and walk through Halls A, B, and C to reach Hall D for the Volunteer Check-In Area located in the Hall D Meeting Rooms.
- Volunteers arriving on Wednesday – Friday before the event must receive wristbands and check-in outside the entrance doors (emergency exits for Hall F) across from Parking Lot E to gain entrance.
- All access to the docks for drop off for the event must have their name on a list with Lord Key who is arranging the Dock Access List.
- If your name is NOT on the list you will not gain access.
- Please email or call Lord Key to be placed on the Dock Access List at: Lord.Key1984@gmail.com or call 214-995-9659.
- For problems with dock access, please contact Jim Spalding at 214-725-7715.
ADDITIONAL CHRISTMAS GIFT EVENT DETAILS
- On December 19th, please arrive between 6:30am and 7:15am at the latest to check-in and receive a volunteer lanyard to gain entry to the event.
- The Volunteer Orientation is required for all volunteers on Saturday, December 19th at 7:30am held on the Family side Stage in Halls D and E.
- Please come with your red volunteer T-Shirt on or purchase one for $10 each on Saturday morning at check-in.
- Please come with a love offering (cash or checks) to give towards the Christmas Gift event in honor of the homeless and impoverished we are serving.
- Please do not bring a coat or jacket you cannot wear all day as it could be misplaced or stolen.
- Please do not bring a purse as it could be misplaced or stolen.
Guide Maps to Kay Bailey Hutchison:
Adult / Child Liability Waiver:
Directions & Parking
Directions and Map to DCC including Lot E and J